Pages

Thursday 21 September 2017

Sheep organs

Kia Ora
Last week we went  to Life Ed and we learnt about body organs which linked to our task today.
You know it's not every day that you get to try a sheep's heart.This week we had a learning experience that included meat because our teachers thought that seeing as how we were learning about body organs, then we should see some real ones. I got a sheep heart. It was revolting. I did not want to touch or taste it and I was terrified. There were sheep kidneys and hearts. The whole class was happy and some unhappy. It was unbelievable.


Lamb heart


Laughing with excitement while the lamb started to cook
Arteries white and fatty - flesh reddish, brown colour
Moods of the children were both crazy and calm
Blood dribbled out of the lamb heart


Horrible smells tickled my nostril hairs
Edible meat…? I was still not sure
Anxious with hunger as the scent of it cooking made my tummy grumble
Rugged shapes of the organs
Terrible sights of blood

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sky - what great writing - lots of show not tell.

    ReplyDelete